18/06/2014

Guest Post with Lauren from Style Like Hers

After exchanging messages on Twitter myself and the lovely Lauren from Style like hers decided to do a guest post swap. I have seen these floating around and always thought they were such a good idea to not only get to know fellow bloggers but to also give their blogs a bit of recognition. I myself love Laurens style and definitely will be taking inspo from her in the future, so with that lets get to it!




Outfit:
Fedora - Topshop
Cardigan - Primark
Crop top - All Saints
Jeans - Topshop
Sliders - Primark
Ring - All Saints
Sunglasses - Primark 
Weird pose - god knows 

Introduce yourself.
I’m Lauren, the girl behind the stylelikehers blog. I’m just about to turn 19 and I am a London law student living in Essex. I'm basically pretty weird, love doughnuts, Harry Styles and burning plastic!

What made you get into blogging?
Mainly out of boredom and a need to fill a void. I spend lots of time reading blogs and watching youtubers that I thought it would be fun to join in! I’m very glad I did because I love it and it’s so much fun! The ladies of the blogging world are all so lovely too!

Who are your fashion and beauty icons - can be from youtube, blogs, celebs. 
I am a massive fan and follower of Lily Melrose from llymlrs.com – absolutely love her blog, her youtube account and her style, she is such a massive inspiration for me.
I also am a big lover of Brittany Lee Saunders – she’s an Australian beauty guru with heaps of personality and is so gorgeous! I find that accent really relaxing right now so am also on a massive shaaanxo spree! I also love to watch essiebutton, fleurdeforce, straberryelectric and beautybaby44.

What is your holy grail product and why?
My Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation – absolutely love this product! The coverage is excellent, lasts really well and doesn’t look too cakey on the skin! I love this product so much that I will happily swallow the £35 price tag!

What is a beauty or fashion related product you regret buying and why?
Collection (2000) ‘Big Fake’ mascara – I saw many rave reviews about this cheapo mascara but for me it was a massive flop! It did nothing for my lashes and instead made them short and clumpy messes! I know it was cheap and I guess sometimes you really do get what you pay for but it was such a waste of a fiver!

What is your everyday go to hair style?
Down and straightened with a bit of salt spray in it just to give it a little bit of texture a body so that it isn’t pin straight – such a standard for me as I can be so lazy with my hair, especially when I’m running late! It’s mainly because my hair is kinda long I think – I’m considering cutting it short like Louise Thomspon but just can’t gather up the guts to do it!

Are you a tea or coffee kinda girl?
I drink more tea than coffee but sometimes you’re just in the mood for a coffee ya know? It also depends on the kind of tea bag, I mean, Waitrose sometimes have some lemoney tea bags in their machine and I just don’t want those things in my life thank you very much!

What is your summer style staple you are loving at the moment?
My Primark pool sliders are being well loved right now! (Both the Birkenstock copies and the black slip ons!) I have to say I recently got a really long ankle length cardigan from there (seen in the photo) and am in love with it! I’m also loving my striped Pull & Bear dress and my Rae dress from All Saints!

Are there any current trends you simply cannot stand?
I can’t say I’m a massive fan of the gingham trend – mainly because I look like a five year old whenever I try and pull it off!

What is your favourite thing about blogging?
The interaction and just how lovely everyone in the blogging community is just so lovely! It also is such a massive help when you’re having a beauty crisis and are in need of some advice, help or second opinion from someone that isn’t your mum or best friend! 


Hope you enjoyed getting to know Lauren a little better and be sure to follow her to stay posted!

No comments :

Post a Comment