04/09/2014

Well That Was A Mistake - #2

In May I had the idea to make use of the products that I regret buying to turn them into something useful... products I regret buying posts. Link here for #1.
So here we are now in early september, and with a summer full of impulse buys, we are ready for post number 2! 


Lets start with Dove Summer Glow Moisturiser. I have never been into fake tanning nor will I ever be, being blessed with an all year round tan, I have never really felt the need to buy tanning products. Here I was a few weeks prior to going on my holiday to Santorini and thought bugger it I will try this out to avoid the first day pale-ness sitch..Oh Chloe, what a mistake. First of all the smell, even though this is just a moisturiser it still has the biscuity fake tan smell - YUK! After a few applications rather than giving me a 'summer glow' I was looking more like an orange, having olive skin I have yellow undertones but this was turning my legs into a pinky orangey mess. So Tip for you fellow olive skins out there - this isn't ideal!!

I've heard good things about the Mitchum brand, and have used the stick version of this and have been very impressed, but something told me to try the spray and unscented ( why?! ) version instead. This may be a little TMI so soz in advance but I felt that this was great at avoiding any 'dampness' as such, but throughout the day it gave off this odd smell, it wasn't a sweaty smell but it wasn't nice one either so I soon put this to one side and swapped back to trusty Sure.

Ok...Ok, so maybe I should have not expect much from a Tesco Hairspray but after being stranded without any hairspray I thought, lets just give this a go.. yeah needn't of bothered. It smells like vodka, has little to no hold and simply just turned my hair into a crusty mess, and if it is even drizzling outside your hair will become a walking gluestick..HORRID!

Next is the Garnier 2in1 eye makeup remover, I had read a lot of good thing about this online and having used the micellar water and fallen head over heels with it, I thought I would give it a go. It claims to nourish eyelashes and prevent that annoying eyelash fallout that can sometimes occur with harsher removers. So when my eyelashes began coming out whilst using this I was less than impressed, as you may or may not be able to see from the image I have use the majority of the bottle as I wanted to give it a good go before I gave my final verdict, but I would not recommend or repurchase this again!

Finally its the Essence metal glam eyeshadow, I have been looking for a pinky shade to put in the crease when creating a day smokey eye, and thought I'd give this a go. Especially as it was an absolute steel, so cheap! Essence is a new range in wilko's and everything is under £7 so well worth a browse.. It may be a little harsh to be putting this in my mistakes post as I don't hate it at all. Its just a lot of work for little pigmentation, this may be to do with my skin colour and type and perhaps it would show a little better on paler skin, but as I said I have to use a lot of product to get it to show on my skin..




Have you tried any of these products? If so what do you think about them?



 



No comments :

Post a Comment